Henri Cartier – Bresson
Henri Cartier-Bresson was born in 1908 and he died at the age of 95 in 2004.
He began his career as a painter but was inspired by photojournalist, Martin Munkacsi, and grew to be a photographer, he achieved international recognition for his coverage of Gandhi’s funeral in India in January 1948, which took him to many places around the globe, such as the United States, China, Japan and more.
Street photography is capturing daily life in a moment. It gives a opportunity for the photographer to illustrate a significance in the photographs of the street life around them.
• Photographers – photographer
• Decisive moment
• 1 moment captured forever
• Classic painter originally
• amazing photographer – Composition (due to being a painter)
• 1932 – Leica Camera
• Reflections – mirror image of person jumping over puddle
• Fluke image with things in background – wasn’t planned
• Lots of controversy
• Golden Mean
• Died 2004 aged 95
• Documentary/ street photography
• captured by Germans
• travelled all over the world
• (research – Robert Cappa)
• Tête a tête
• Think about images – about things that happen – street photography