Today we discussed workflow and how it works, and maybe see if there were any changes we could make to make things easier.
- Take my images straight off my SD card
- Place the in a named folder on my hard drive
- Import the images from that folder into lightroom
- Edit them (different everytime as i dont do the same type of images all the time)
- Export them either as Jpeg/Tiffs with or with out water marks depending on what i am doing with them
- Sometimes i do export them in subfolders
- Then once done they’re left on my hard drive
For me to improve my work flow
- I need to back up my images more – so use more than one external hard drive
- Use photoshop image processor to resize images in a batch
- Use batch processor in photoshop to add actions in a batch
- Also add metadata in light room (for copy write purposes)
Before todays session i avoided any wedding/commercial photography jobs that were offered to me as i was not cinfident enough to take the jobs on board as i felt i wasnt knowledgable enough to do so, but now i feel alot more knowledgable and comfortable about it now i can see what i need to do with my basic work flow and dealing with clients.